*Sleepless Theme #15 by destroyer.tumblr.com for sleeplessthemes.tumblr.com. Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! */>
The ladies from Think Like A Man Too singing “Poison”
Random thoughts while watching this Bell Biv DeVoe video from 1991, which featured a full reunion of all the members of New Edition (including both Bobby Brown AND Johnny Gill, even though Johnny was basically Bobby’s replacement after he quit):
- New Edition were probably the greatest R&B group of all time.
- Okay, probably not, but they’re my favorite.
- Mike wiping his mouth after kissing that girl seemed really cool to me when I was a kid.
- As did Bobby and Ralph rapping.
- Everyone is dressed better than you.
- This is the “Straight Outta Compton” of R&B.
- Ralph’s voice is, and always has been, gorgeous.
- Johnny seems kinda out of place.
- And his dancing…
- Bobby throwing the milk-crate is xhardcorex.
- This entire video and concept and song and everything is just really weird and ridiculous, but I’m so glad it exists.
- I had this recorded on a VHS tape off of MTV and the video that immediately followed it on the tape was “My Lovin’” by En Vogue, so now I want to listen to that.
- Mike Fucking Bivins.
The Hood Internet - When Poison Starts To Burn (Bell Biv Devoe x Disclosure)
10. Boyz II Men | End Of The Road
9. Aaliyah | Are You That Somebody
8. Mary J. Blige | Real Love
7. Montell Jordan | This Is How We Do It
6. TLC | Waterfalls
5. R. Kelly | I Believe I Can Fly
4. Janet Jackson | That’s The Way Love Goes
3. Whitney Houston | I Will Always Love You
2. Mariah Carey ft Boyz II Men | One Sweet Day
1. Bell Biv Devoe | Poison
*Part 4 of A 4 part post. Clicking on song goes directly to the music video in a new window.
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
Send your questions and/or list in my ask: